Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Mr. Darcy...

With only a year and a half under our belts, Kev and I are still rather new to this whole marriage gig... so, it was refreshing to read what Beth had to say about marriage on the "bewitching" day of Valentine's... wait for it... "You have bewitched me body and soul... and I love, I love, I love you"... ahhh... Mr. Darcy... that interchange from Pride and Prejudice might just be my all-time favorite. I can remember watching that movie as a single gal (more than once) ~ teary-eyed with hopes and dreams of a someday with my own Mr. Darcy.... 


Each hope, every dream... fulfilled, surpassed. There are the tangibles ~ Kev has the most gorgeous blue eyes... prayed for those...specifically. He is financially savvy. He is a man of prayer and encouragement. Then, there are those things beyond what I could hope for or imagine. Kev is steadfast. He is faithful. About 3 months into our relationship the Lord told Kev that I was his wife. He believed and stood strong in faith over the next two and a half years as my waging battle with depression and anxiety worsened... He endured and loved me through FOUR break-ups. It was not a pretty process... it was not a neat relationship... but tonight... we praised God for our story... because it is the evidence of things hoped for... our story is a cord of three strands that is not quickly broken (Eccl 4:12). Even in my complete brokenness, the strand of God held us together. Even in the deepest, darkest place the God strand strengthened Kevin - and the two came after me... and with the most steadfast, patient, unwavering, loving determination - they lifted me out of the muck and mire. 

Tonight in the most precious time of prayer... I realized, still only in part, how far the Lord has surpassed my hopes and dreams. Thank you Lord, for being the God of Ephesians 3:20... Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]. (Amplified)

***Kev, you have bewitched me body and soul... and I love, I love, I love you. Thank you for being joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12) 

No comments:

Post a Comment