Sunday, February 15, 2009

Heart Day '09

Last year, Valentine's Day came and went... and I don't remember much. I was groggy from the pain medicine. Days before Heart Day '08 I was scheduled for surgery to remove a kidney stone that was lodged ~ the stone reeked havoc on my kidney as well... it was swollen and PAINFUL... so the stone was removed and a stint was put in its place to prevent any further damage.... 

Heart Day '09 ~ on the list of best days ever! What made the day so special was the incredible THOUGHT that Kev put into everything. He planned a night totally outside of the box to places I had only briefly mentioned in conversation... places we had never been together. He brought me flowers and a singing card. The night included dinner at Park Tavern, which offers a phenomenal view of the Atlanta skyline, chocolate covered strawberries (my fave), and a stroll in the Virginia Highlands- with gelato!  

Kev had wanted to include painting pottery on our date- but had not found a place to do so. He mentioned this over lunch ~ and I was just impressed that he had thought of it. We were about to head back to the car when Kev walked ahead of me a couple of storefronts and began laughing, "Babe, you have got to come see this." 

There it was... 

It was way more than a place to paint dishes. ... 










It was a tangible moment with the heart of God... a reminder that He discerns our going out and is familiar with all of our ways. He knows exactly where we are ~ and where to find a pottery playhouse in greater Atlanta. He is so intimately acquainted with all that we do. 

How great is the THOUGHT that He puts in to all that we are.

I HEART HIM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment