Thursday, March 25, 2010

Good. Bad. Faithful.

I've believed in Jesus since... well, I can't remember a time that I didn't believe in Jesus. We've come a long way together. I asked Jesus to come into my heart at the age of 8... sitting on the kitchen counter with my mom and dad... but even before that day, Jesus was central to my life, my family.

I've always believed in the power of prayer... for quite some time I've been rather passionate about it. However, the last few months I've become unequivically convinced that He hears us when we pray. God has faithfully answered some rather bold prayers. I am also convinced that the prayers of my righteous brothers and sisters truly are powerful and effective. If I did not have faithful friends praying for me, I don't know that I could have made it through the last several months... I might have made it... but I know me and left to my own fleshy devices I'd still be huddled in a corner somewhere in the fetal position.

September... my Nanny had a stroke. She's my only living grandparent. We celebrated her 84th birthday on September 28th in the hospital.

October... Nanny was moved to rehab after having a pacemaker put in. My 8 year old niece, Anna Cate, had brain/skull surgery. She came through like a champ.

November... a family member shared their marriage was ending.

December... same family member began reconciling with their spouse... and dad was hospitalized after Christmas with chest pains. The verdict - he would have to have triple bypass.

January... after coming off of all blood thinning medicines, dad had triple bypass on January 5th. He made it through surgery but did not wake up for three days. While dad was in surgery I found out a dear friend who had desperately been desiring a baby was pregnant!! Oh how we had been praying for this baby!!

When dad finally woke up, he couldn't walk. We were told he probably had a stroke, but an MRI wouldn't be possible to confirm because the risk to sedate him for the scan was too great. Dad went to rehab/nursing home.

One of my girls in my small group came to know Jesus at our weekend retreat!!

February... dad remained in rehab.

March... Doctors were finally able to do an MRI on dad and found out he DID NOT have a stroke. He has nerve damage/drop foot.

Dad came home on Friday, March 19th.

I simply do not know what is coming next. But I do know whom I have believed and I am fully convinced that He is able. He is constant. He is faithful. We've come such a long way together. In the good... and through the bad... My soul magnifies the Lord. He has done great things for us!

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment