Thursday, September 3, 2009

Living...

I am emerging from a 10 year all out battle with depression. Depression and anxiety have been present in varying degrees, varying intensities over various seasons of the past 10 years. I haven't shared much of that in the few moments of life I have blogged about... of course I haven't blogged much of anything over the past few months... but all that to say that blogging was something I felt the Lord call me to as He was healing me... and HE HAS HEALED ME! This summer marked a full calendar year without ANY depression. PRAISE HIM!

I am learning (again) the joy of LIVING this life. The truth of Psalm 16:11 is so near to my heart, my life... You will make known to me the path of LIFE; in Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Almost daily I have these moments where I find myself living... that may not make sense to anyone but me... but it is the most glorious thing! It is as if the Lord quickens my spirit to draw all of my attention, every bit of who I am to the simple truth that He has me on the path of life. These moments occur randomly in the mundane moments of cleaning house, to driving down the interstate, to the spectacular moments standing atop a volcano in Nicaragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment